The Production Coordinator will build cross functional partnerships with designers, technicians, merchants and overseas partners, as well as manage weekly cross-functional touch base meetings to keep the Global Sourcing Manager updated.
• Coordinate direct communication with vendors regarding Product Development
• Coordinate PLC calendar; key dates and milestones to ensure all critical deadlines are met by cross-functional teams; raise exceptions at weekly meetings – keep Manager updated
• Attend tech pack hand off and review tech pack integrity so vendors have complete style information to base initial costing and proceed with accurate first fit sample.
• Track tech pack, cost & sample status in chart each quarter
• Coordinate sample development and delivery for all milestone meetings through Final Product Review
• Review first proto samples with Designer, Merchant, and Technical Design for construction, fabric, and aesthetic execution.
• Attend initial fit
• Resolve any outstanding issues during product life cycle on exception basis as required.
• Negotiate costing to achieve quarterly IMU goals
• Review and advise T&A per style and advise commitment dates to merchants
• Order all sample yardage necessary to produce garment
• Ensure on-time delivery
• Communicates to cross functional team on exception basis
o Relay upcharges to merchants from vendors due to changes in fit
o Relay shortages to merchant and work through T&A if want to replenish goods
o Relay delivery issues to merchant and work though options for AIR, SAD or accept discount for delayed goods
• Review QC issues with cross-functional teams and advise outcome to vendor / DC
• Bachelor’s Degree required; 3+ years of experience in product development, production, or sourcing of apparel for a vertical specialty retailer or private brand.
• A successful track record and a reputation of exceeding performance expectation.
• Exceptional calendar management skills and ability to prioritize to meet conflicting objectives.
• Knowledge of textiles and garment technology.
• Confident professional presence; excellent negotiating, influencing and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish cross-functional multi-level relationships.
• Ability to multi-task and shift priorities.
• Self-motivation with a strong sense of personal accountability.
• Detail, process and metrics driven to achieve goals.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Retail math skills.
• Proven integrity and high ethical standards.